GENERAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
It is important to examine the program requirements of the relevant Graduate School before applying since Gazi University can determine extra criteria and special conditions apart fromthe minimum application requirements for Graduate School / Department and Programs,
- Undergraduate students or undergraduate students who can graduate until the exact registration date can apply for graduate programs.
- Candidates who have a Master's Degree with thesis or who are doing their master's degree and have formed a thesis defense jury (these applicants are required to apply personally to the Graduate Schools) can apply to PHD programs.
- Provided that they graduate on the date of registration, students studying in medical, pharmacy, dentistry and veterinary faculties for at least ten semesters, excluding preparatory classes, may apply to PHD programs with their 9th semester GPA.
- Graduates of medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary faculties having at least ten semesters, excluding preparatory classes or those who have the competence gained in a laboratory branch in accordance with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health are considered to have a master's degree and may apply directly to doctoral programs.
- Students who have graduated from non-thesis master's programs before 6th of February 2013 or have graduated from the master's program without thesis before this date can apply to doctorate programs.
- Graduate GPA of applicants to the program and other necessary information is taken from YÖKSİS (for graduates or who are going to graduate from higher education institutions in Turkey). The GPA (grade point average) is taken from YÖKSİS database at the date of application for students who are eligible for graduation and whose applications are conditionally accepted. Any changes that may occur in the overall grade point averages in the YÖKSİS database after the application date of these candidates are not taken into consideration. Applicants whose applications are accepted conditionally are entitled to enroll if their graduation grade point averages meet the application criteria. Candidates who do not have YÖKSİS registration need to have YÖKSİS registration and update procedures required from higher education institutions that they will graduate from.
- The Graduate School cannot be held responsible for the overlap of the interview / written exam dates and hours in the Master’s (with thesis) and Doctoral programs.
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of two graduate programs at Gazi University.
- Except for non-thesis master's programs, more than one graduate program cannot be registered and continued at the same time.
- In the calculation of graduation grade and grade point average, system the conversion table of Higher Education Council is taken as basis. (out of 4 and out of 100) Graduation grades of the candidates who are graduated / will be graduated graded with 100 points system are converted to 4 points system, but the score value in the 100 points system is used in the evaluation process.
- Candidates who have completed the Bachelor's / Master's program abroad must have the equivalence / school recognition certificate obtained from the Higher Education Council.
- Gazi University Graduate Education Regulations , Senate decisions and the conditions announced by the Graduate School are taken into consideration in the matters not mentioned above
- Before applying for graduate programs, foreign applicants should apply to Education and External Relations Coordination office of our University in person.
- See the admission criteria for graduate programs.
- For the equivalence of the diploma grade out of 4 to convert to the system out of 100 grading system check in the system of Higher Education Council; (https://oyp.yok.gov.tr/Documents/Anasayfa/4lukSistem.pdf)
Foreign Language for ÖSYM Foreign Language Exams Equivalencies;
GRE – GMAT for the GRE-GMAT exam results equivalency table used instead of ALES;